Osso opened its doors in December 2007, its aim - exciting food, big flavours, reasonable prices and happy customers. Ally McGrath had a long background of working in the best restaurants.
We pride ourselves on fresh local produce and a warm family welcome.
Serving quality Traditional Scottish Fayre.
Franco’s Pizzeria Ristorante situated above the Bridge Inn, looking across the river Tweed. Closed Tuesdays
Places to Visit
Abbotsford House - Melrose
Cross Kirk - Peebles
Floors Castle - Kelso
Traquair House - Innerleithen
John Buchan Museum www.johnbuchanstory.co.uk
Cocoa Black Chocolate School www.cocoablack.com
Visit the Tweed Valley www.visittweedvalley.co.uk
- Walking - 40 signposted walks around Peebles and the Tweed Valley, including sections of the Southern Upland Way and the John Buchan Way.
- Golf - There are several golf courses within 5-30 minutes drive. Kingsmuir House Guests have preferential Green Fees at Peebles - www.peeblesgolfclub.com and Minto Hawick - www.mintogolf.co.uk Other courses in the area include Innerleithen, West Linton and Cardrona..
- Osprey Watch - Kailzie Gardens.
- Horse Riding - I can arrange half, or full day treks with one of our local horse riding schools.
- Mountain-biking - Nearby, Glentress, one of the top mountain biking centres in the UK with fantastic routes for all levels.
- Botanic Garden - a few minutes drive from the house, is the award winning Dawyck Botanic Gardens.
- Fishing & Shooting - the river Tweed famous around the world for its salmon and grayling. I can also arrange for shoots with a local game keeper.
- Go Ape – Peebles, highest zip wire over a magnificent reservoir on the hillside within the beautiful Glentress Forest https://goape.co.uk/days-out/peebles