This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests.
Kingsmuir House is located a short distance from the centre of Peebles Hight Street with one access point from "Springhill Road".
Kingsmuir House offers two guest suites:
Bonnington: Super king sized/twin bed with its own private Sitting room, Bedroom, the Bathroom is accessed from the bedroom.
Haystoun: Super king sized bed with its own private Sitting room, Bedroom, the Bathroom is accessed from the bedroom. There is also a separate WC access from the Sitting room.
The house is over 160 years old and has been recently refurbished. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features of the house which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries please contact Malcolm on 01721 724413 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kingsmuir House's main entrance is off Springhill Road and has a steep wide drive leading to a wide, level gravel driveway.
- Ample private parking for guests at the front of the house.
- There are four steps to a flat area and a further five steps to the porch.
- There are two steps into the porch and one shallow step into the vestibule.
- There is exterior lighting on the building and on the steps leading to the house.
- All guests are offered assistance to carry their luggage to and from their rooms.
Bedrooms and Private Suites
- Both/all suites are located on the first floor.
- The Bonnington Suite is accessed by 12 steps of 15cm height, a turn on a small landing and a further 6 steps.
- The Haystoun Suite is accessed by 12 steps of 15cm height, a turn on a small landing and a further 6 steps and further 4 steps on a small landing.
- The main stairs are carpeted and have a sturdy rail on the right (going up).
- Both en-suite bath/shower-rooms are accessed from the bedroom with no step.
- The Bonnington has a separate 1000 retanglar shower with 6cm step entrance and sliding doors with 520cm access.
- The Haystoun has a separate 800 corner shower with 8cm step entrance and sliding doors with 380cm access.
- The toilets are 40cm high.
- The baths are 50cm high and have a hand held shower fixture. Non-slip mats are available.
- The Bonnington Suite has a Super king sized bed and can be split to make as a twin. Single beds are 92cm wide. As a Super king size the bed is 184cm wide and 68cm high.
- The Haystoun Suite has a Super king sized bed. This measures 184cm wide and 55cm high.
- Safe-t-lights are in each bedroom and hallway.
- Our beds are made up with duvets. Our duverts and pillows are Hypo-Allergenic Clusterfill fibre.
- There is seating, tables, bedside lighting, a wardrobe and drawers in each bedroom, sofa’s, easy chairs, coffee and nest table, TV/DVD in both rooms, and central, table lamps and floor lamps in both rooms.
- Flat screen digital TV/DVD with optional subtitles available in the sitting rooms and bedrooms.
- The hall stairs and landings are fully carpeted.
- The breakfast room is on the ground floor.
- Ground floor access to guest WC, 1 shallow step. The toilet is 40cm high.
- The outer porch and vestibule are both tiled.
- The garden has flat and sloping areas. The stone garden steps have no hand rail. Access to the top seating and guest summer house is also available via a gravel pathway.
- Two access points to the Guest Summer house. Via a gravel pathway, sloped grassed area and 2 steps. Or across the front lawn, 2 steps leading to a further lawned area, 4 steps leading to a lawned area and 2 steps into the summer house.