Our Green Policy
Our aim is to help promote sustainable tourism within the region and we strive to show that although we are not participating in any of the green tourism awards, this does not in any way compromise our high standards.
Being a walker myself, I have an affinity with nature and consider myself very lucky to live in such a beautiful location. We encourage guests to explore the local countryside, researching walks to suit individual requirements. Over forty signposted walks can be taken right from the door or can be started or finished close to public transport links.
We are committed to socially responsible and sustainable working practices by:
- Using short & low temperature washing/dishwashing cycles
- Line drying bedding etc whenever possible
- Using eco friendly products
- Growing fruit & vegetables
- Purchasing local, free-range, organic and Fairtrade products
- Promoting public transport & encouraging walkers and cyclists
- Using low energy light bulbs
- Using recycled paper products
- Reducing waste, recycling & composting
- Working with local organisations to promote the area
- Marketing mainly through the internet
- Offering long-stay discounts
- Encouraging drivers to leave their cars here during their visit and to walk or use local transport.
Some things you can do to help save the planet
- Use local products, they give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities. We are fortunate to have some fantastic producers of food, drink, arts and crafts. Ask us about local markets or local and regional produce.
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth.
- Leave the car behind, if only for a day. Walk, cycle or use local transport. We will happily provide you with advice.